Latest News

My Day..

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 , Posted by Suztv at 9:27 PM

I'm writing this because.. I'm exhausted. I love what I do, I love my kids and my family. But here's the thing - I don't have enough time in the day to accomplish everything I want and others want. Right now I want to do more stuff for SL, my portfolio, my kids, the house etc. You name it - I probably have it on my list.

So I wanted to see if I had any time during the day to pick up the slack and did a timeline...

6:00 AM: Alarm goes off, press snooze
6:30 AM: Alarm goes off, press snooze again
6:33 AM: Husband shakes me and mentions I better get up if I want to leave on time
6:34 AM: Fall out of bed, crawl over to dresser and pick out clothes, take shower
6:49 AM: Get dressed
6:55 AM: Run downstairs, snarf breakfast up
7:05 AM: set up coffee maker and turn it on
7:10 AM: Run back upstairs fix hair, brush teeth, put on makeup - go get son up
7:20 AM: Run back downstairs yelling at son "to get a move on - we gotta leave in 5 minutes"
7:23 AM: Make coffee, grab purse and son, head out the door
7:27 AM: Drive up to bus stop and wait with son for the bus.
7:35 AM: Drive to meeting place for car-pool
8:00 AM: Wait around for car-pool partner (my sister doncha know)
8:15 AM: Leave for work, long ass drive though.
9:00 AM: Arrive at work, log in
work work work work work
6:00 PM: Leave work and drive for an hour
7:00 PM: Drop sis off
7:30 PM: Arrive home - usually met by both kids, the dog and the cats. All of whom love me but want food.
7:35 PM: Make dinner, do dishes, throw in a load of laundry
7:55 PM: Eat
8:10 PM: Yell at kids for not doing homework BEFORE I got home. Help with homework and assuage husband's ego
8:50 PM: Open up Photoshop and get to work on my latest creation
9:15 PM: Son/Daughter/Husband/Cat/Dog - one of them or all of them one by one invariably interrupts and needs attention/help
10:30 PM: Back to Photoshop, ZBrush, 3DsMax and/or SL
2:00 AM: Realize how late it is and close programs, stumble upstairs to bed.

I'm tired. I need a time machine or a cloning device - anyone have one? I just simply am frustrated. I feel like I could do more. The biggest time gobblers are my commute and work. But being that work pays the bills - neither can go. Unless someone has copious amounts of money to share or if I win the lottery, or if I somehow start making a ton of change on SL.

Just thought I might share - I'm sure I'm not the only one out there like this. I guess it would be comforting to know if anyone else has time-management problems. Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

Currently have 7 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    Lord an hour commute! I feel for ya!

  1. i think every mum can sympathise :) hugs

  1. 1. Get a job closer to home. The money you will save on gas and insurance will let you take lower pay if necessary.
    2. Hubby helps kids with homework while you cook.
    3. Hubby and/or kids do dishes.

    If hubby and kids refuse to cooperate, refuse to cook for them, wash their clothes, play chauffer, etc. You can also refuse sex for hubby.

  1. Unknown says:

    This sounds familiar.... are you stalking me??? Luckily I don't have to commute and am actually in walking distance for work! Everything else looks... EXACTLY the same! Even the doggie and kittie hehe. Just add computer parts and empty cases strung throughout the house (hubby is computer repairer on the side) and a basement filled with broken motorcycles/vehicles/random motorized projects. Hang in there :) I've had to cut back my SL hours too, I used to be stay at home and had so much more time! Sigh.. I miss those days..

  1. For sure! I envy the big block of time you get at the end of the day to work. Although that seems to cut into your sleep time quite a bit (I don't think I could get by with that little!) it would be so nice to have that much time to work. SL is ostensibly my RL "job" and I still don't find any block of time where I can sit down and concentrate, and I think my work suffers. If I manage to break down and work for a big block, invariably something important doesn't get done. For example, the other day I spent half the day making a hair and the next several hours recoloring it, making the display, etc. By that time the husband was home and doing his little "hang around trying not to look in the way but really wanting dinner like, now, or preferably an hour ago" routine, the dishes weren't done, the pets were eyeing me for food, the laundry wasn't done, essentially, the house went to crap for that day. And getting anything done while my husband is home is right out the window. I can't work when he is around, whether he's actively bugging me or not. :P You know how it is!

  1. Sleep depravation, creative frustration, guilt and stress. Diversions and procrastinations. SLagony workload! Let's join hands and share! ahaha...I'm right there with you, sis! Hugs Chance

  1. Suztv says:

    @Lavea

    I would get a job closer to home - but the kind of work I do is a little hard to find where I live, I do motion graphics and most agencies and post houses exist in metropolitan areas. And while I would move closer the kids would suffer because of the environment, I like that they can go outside and play without fear of being shot or kidnapped. Anyway - I make the lions share of income, so I'm stuck unless my husband gets a better job. Oh well - at least we have jobs - right?